What you are doing:
1. I am creating a self-expressive collage ("All About Me") using a variety of materials.
2. I am using a variety of mixed media to create my collage.
3. I am utilizing the Elements of Art and Principles of Design to create my "All About Me" Collage.
4. I am presenting "who I am" in the form of a well balanced and harmonious composition.
1. In your sketchbook or on plain paper, write down and answer the "All About Me Collage" Worksheet.
2. Your collage may or may not incorporate your actual face. It is your choice. You are creating a collage of images/words/art that is all about YOU. Everything you put into your collage must be a direct reflection of who YOU are.
3. You can create your collage by hand or digitally. Directions are given for both.
"All About Me Collage" Worksheet
Directions: Write the questions and answer them in your sketchbook or on a plain piece of paper. When done, take a photo of your answers and upload to the Google Doc: All About Me Worksheet .
1. Brainstorm at least 10 words that describe you and your personality:
2. Write down your favorite 3 things to do/interests/hobbies:
3. Describe your favorite place to go or some place you would like to go:
4. What are your favorite colors?
5. What kind of music do you like?
6. What is your favorite food?
7. What kind of car do you drive?
8. What else can you write about that could be included on your sketchbook covers?
9. List 10 pictures that you could draw or find in magazines or on the Internet that could be used in collage that describes or is expressive of you.
All information provided must be school appropriate!
Creating your collage:
CUT AND PASTE method:
1. Collect a variety of images (photos, magazine images, your art, etc.)
2. Minimum of 25 images/art works best
3. Using your scissors, trim images neatly
4. Assemble the images in a pleasing manner, overlap and turn them around
5. Glue in place.
6. Follow the directions to upload a photo of your work to the Google Doc: All About Me Collage FINAL ART.
1. Collect a variety of images (your own photos, photos from the Internet, etc.)
2. Take a screenshot, drag/drop your images onto your desktop or place into a folder on your desktop.
3. Create a Google Doc or a Word Doc and import your images. Create a pleasing composition (turn, overlap, change size, etc.) If you get stuck, you are to problem-solve and figure out how to get unstuck.
4. Save your final collage artwork as a PDF.
5. Follow the directions to upload a screen shot of your work to the Google Doc: All About Me Collage FINAL ART.
How to create a pleasing composition using the Principles of Design:
This collage is about YOU.
All your images need to be a reflection of who YOU are.
Are your images alike or different?
Make sure your images have significant differences to provide interest.
Use images of differing size/proportion.
What do you want people to immediately look at first?
Make that item the most important image through size, color or where you place it.
Position your images by moving, overlapping and turning them to lead your eye into the art.
Control the visual weight of your art by spreading around images that are similar (not all dark images in one area, not all large images in one area, etc.
Do you want to fill-in the entire background or leave some areas as blank, negative space?
Do negative space areas look like something is missing?