Choose your subject
A person you know
Current Pop Culture figure
Choose your country
Choose at least one thing extra to include (more than one can be chosen) Can be the actual object or painted on.
Choose a writing option
Choose your medium (more than one can be chosen) This is a 3-dimensional project.
Craft store items
Write a funny story about your mask
Outdoor items (leaves, sticks, etc.)
Write a poem about your mask
Write a paragraph of how you created your mask
Found objects around your home
Write an interesting ad to sell your mask online
Historical figure from the past
Write a text conversation between your mask subject and you
Mask RAFT project:
1. Complete the Google Doc "Mask Worksheet". Hand it into Google Classroom when it is filled out.
2. Create a rough sketch of your mask based upon your choices. Photograph and attach to the Google Doc "Mask Rough Sketch".
3. Create your 3D mask using the materials you chose on the RAFT.
4. When done the mask, photograph it and turn into Google Classroom on the Google Doc: "Mask Final Art".
5. Attach your writing to the Google Doc "Mask Writing".
Review all the information about masks.
Assignment directions are in the orange boxes.
You find something to use not on this choice board
An imaginary subject
Write a story of your mask being unearthed in an archeological dig you are in charge of. (Similar to when dinosaur bones are discovered.)
Inuit Arctic Regions
Write a magazine article describing your mask and any symbolism/design elements on your mask.
A museum wants to display your mask, create an art description of your mask including the purpose of the mask.
Rocks & sand
Your own idea of a subject (approved by the teacher).
Your own idea of an "extra"
Your own idea of what to write (approved by the teacher).