ASSIGNMENT FOR APRIL 13 - APRIL 24
1. Review all of the information on this page.
2. Follow the detailed directions found under PROJECT GUIDELINES below.
3. You have 2 weeks to work on this. It is due by Friday, April 24.
You MUST submit the Check-In sheet with this week's dates for each scheduled class.
If you do NOT submit the Check-In sheet it's a DNP for the day.
Here are some images when you do a Google search for "Shattered Images with Ken Vieth". Ken Vieth is the author of From Ordinary to Extraordinary and it is a fantastic book containing wonderfully creative art projects for high school students.
The images presented here are representative of the assignment from his book and all copyrights belong to the owners of the art.
A style of art that stresses abstract structure at the expense of other pictorial elements especially by displaying several aspects of the same object simultaneously and by fragmenting the form of depicted objects
A simple way to remember: taking objects, breaking them apart, reassembling to show different points of view simultaneously.
Student images: two above from the Scholastic Art Show and the ones below are student images from school.
1. Open the Google Doc "Cubism & Shatter", list 5 of your favorite objects.
2. Make a second list of 5 items you could use to "shatter" your image (refer to the examples on this page for help).
3. Draw 2 DIFFERENT thumbnail sketches in your sketchbook. (Favorite object + shatter) Use the information you learned from the Rule of Thirds page to set up your composition. Click if you need to review the Rule of Thirds.
4. Choose your favorite.
5. In your sketchbook (or on good drawing paper), with pencil, lightly draw your image.
6. Using the GRAPHITE pencil of your choice shade EACH INDIVIDUAL SECTION of your drawing as a gradation: go from light to dark or dark to light. Refer to the examples on this page. NEATNESS COUNTS!
7. On Friday, April 24, turn in the Google Doc "Cubism & Shatter" to our Google Classroom.
BMW symbol "shattered with wavy lines
Volkswagon car "shattered" with the VW symbol
Fish "shattered" with wavy lines
Butterfly "shattered" with wavy lines
Alice "shattered" with a clock
Flower "shattered" with lines
Lighthouse scene "shattered" with sun rays
Zebra "shattered" with lines
Rhino "shattered" with circles
MORE ART EXAMPLES:
Portrait "shattered" with clock
Portrait "shattered" with broken glass
Guitar "shattered" with diamonds
Camera "shattered" with circles
Apple "shattered" with words
Battle of Iwo Jima "shattered" with flags